Overxposed 2016 GAIA photography competition [event]
QUEZON CITY, Philippines - Overexposed is a photography contest open to all photographers, photographers-to-be, photo enthusiasts or generally creative persons with access to camera nationwide. Overexposed started on 2010 and is now on its 7th year.
This year, the event will adapt the name, Overexposed 2016 GAIA, with the overall theme focusing on the personification of the nature through engineering. This year’s overexposed will be a culmination of the arts, engineering, and environment. The activities listed below will aim to promote the different fields of art and engineering and to further raise awareness for our environment.
- Photography Contest with the theme “Nature Redesigned”, will run until January 8, 2017
- Art Installation Exhibit positioned at strategic locations around UP Diliman
- Photography Workshop which aims to further improve skills on photography and arts
- Engineering Discussion with the theme “Green Buildings and Sustainable Infrastructures”
- Environmental Awareness Act: aims to raise awareness for the environment
This competition is brought to you by the University of the Philippines Circle of Engineering Students (UP CREST), a duly recognized academic and engineering-wide organization of the 8 institutes and departments of the College of Engineering, UP Diliman.
Celebrating its 20th year, UP CREST shall pursue its mission and vision by producing top quality events for its 20th Anniversary Week. Included in the event list it Overexposed 2016 GAIA.
Contest duration: November 2016 – January 2017
Exhibit duration: January 23 – 29, 2017
Forum: January 25, 2017
Outreach: January 28, 2017
Venue: UP Diliman, Quezon City