From timidly testing with a toe to splashing with our hands, 91 percent of Americans test the water temperature of their shower or bath before getting in, according to a recent survey commissioned by Delta Faucet.
The survey reveals insights into bathing and showering habits and preferences, many of which can be simplified with the new Delta Temp2O Technology.
With a digital temperature display featuring LED color indicators to signal water temperature ranges for easy, visual indication, Temp2O technology delivers advanced water temperature awareness for added peace of mind and ease of use.
“Through consumer research, we learned about the desire for temperature readings in the bathroom that could help in conserving water and avoiding cold or hot surprises,” said Paul Patton, senior research and development and regulatory manager for Delta Faucet Company. “Temp2O Technology ensures that consumers know the water temperature flowing from their shower or bathtub spout consistently.”
Other key consumer findings the survey unveiled include:
- Unwind, Relax. Relaxation is key when it comes to showering and bathing rituals. Just under half of Americans note relaxing as the most important thing after washing.
- Carefree Caregivers. Fifty-five percent of respondents who bathe someone else say that water temperature is their main concern. Temp2O Technology offers improved safety and comfort when bathing loved ones.
- Clean &Efficient. Seventy-seven percent of Americans shower or bathe at least once per day, with 21 percent showering more than once a day. Knowing that, Temp2O products offer water-saving solutions with a flow rate of 2.0 gpm and are WaterSense labeled, providing 20 percent water savings compared to the industry standard.
- Hygiene Conundrum? Don’t Take Away My Shower! Whether quick and efficient or long and relaxing, 61 percent of Americans would rather give up brushing their teeth for a week than remove showering from their daily habits.
- Singing in the Rain. It’s not too surprising that 47 percent of Americans prefer background music while showering or bathing, but a whopping 70 percent admit to singing in the shower.
Delta Temp2O showerheads and hand showers are available at The Home Depot, in-store and online, as well as at select kitchen and bath showrooms nationwide.