Schneider Electric Philippines introduces to the local market a new technology to help hotels can achieve operational efficiency and improve overall guest experience through the Integrated Hotel Solutions and Guest Management Solutions
- Integrated Hotel Solutions help hotels achieve operational excellence, optimize energy consumption, and ensure highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Guest Room Management Solutions zeroes in on elevating guest experience through technology
Manila (Philippines) — Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, launched its Integrated Hotel Solutions and Guest Room Management Solutions (GRMS) on July 26, 2017 at the Manila Marriott Hotel, Pasay City.
The Integrated Hotel Solutions reflect Schneider Electric’s belief in maximizing the use of technology to create innovations that promote smart, green, and efficient energy management. Through these solutions, Schneider Electric provides hotels with innovation at every level, enabling them to achieve operational excellence, drive down costs and energy consumption, maximize staff productivity, and ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction, thereby strengthening customer loyalty.
Among these solutions is the Guest Room Management Solutions which enables hotel guests to have control of their full room experience. Hotels can also provide their guests with a smarter room experience through room controllers that offer multi-language support and elegantly designed products that blend beautifully with their hotel decor.
Some of the establishments that have used these tech innovations include: Denmark’s Hilton Copenhagen Airport, US’ Hilton Americas-Houston Hotel in Texas and Westin Washington National Harbor Hotel in Maryland, Vietnam’s InterContinental Hanoi Landmark 72, and Macau’s Westin Resort.
Enzo Payonga, Operational Offer Manager, EcoBuilding Division, Schneider Electric Philippines said: “Guest rooms are unoccupied 70% of the time, yet account for up to 80% in hotel energy consumption. Through the Integrated Hotel Solutions and Guest Room Management Solutions, Schneider Electric simplifies complexity with a single integrated platform that ensures hotels are connected, sustainable, comfortable, efficient, and safe, even granting them up to 44% in energy savings. By letting them have full control of their room’s functionalities, hotels are providing their guests with the best personalized hotel room experience using the latest technological innovations without having to worry about excessive energy use.”
Guest Room Management Solutions
Schneider Electric offers a range of guest room management solutions designed to enhance guest experience, optimize energy, and operational efficiency. These solutions take into consideration the needs of hotels, from their objectives to their budget.
● Limited Service Standalone Guest Room Management Solution – This solution is perfect for limited service hotels that want to control energy use in guest rooms, and need a simple solution with easy installation and fast ROI. It also allows optimization of guest room energy consumption based on occupancy detection.
● Limited Service Integrated Guest Room Management Solution – This solution builds upon the occupancy-based Standalone solution to include native integration with Schneider Electric’s GRMS. From this single-user interface, you can view and manage individual rooms, or the entire network of rooms, to drive energy efficiency, monitor alarms and events, and perform proactive maintenance. You can also heighten the guests’ experience by activating their rooms upon check-in, sending personalized and promotional messages, setting their preferred language, temperature, and unit of measure on in-room devices by integrating it with Property Management System.
● Full Service & Luxury Integrated Guest Room Management Solution – For hotels that want to provide the ultimate in-room experience for their guests, this solution builds upon the technology of the Standalone and Integrated solutions by adding a Hotel Room Controller (HRC) to each guest room. The Hotel Room Controller (HRC) manages multiple lighting circuits, curtains, Do not Disturb (DND)/Make up Room (MUR), bedside panel, and tablet applications in the guest room. It can also be integrated with the entertainment system to enable control from an in-room tablet or from your guests’ own devices. Schneider Electric’s HRC builds a robust, added value solution that ensures hotel guests enjoy a unique experience and pleasing ambience, enticing them to revisit their chosen hotel in the future.
Guest Room Management Solutions Components
Schneider Electric’s Guest Room Management Solutions help hotels connect their guest rooms with other systems, providing them with more visibility, functionality, and control, while ensuring their guests are well-taken care of. The main components of the guest room management solutions include the following:
● SE8000 Series Room Controller provides occupancy-based HVAC control. Integration with the Property Management System (PMS) allows the hotel operator to:
○ Send welcome messages on arrival.
○ Set guests’ preferred language, temperature, etc.
○ Send targeted commercial messages to rooms.
- Hotel Room Controller (HRC) manages multiple lighting circuits, curtains, DND/MUR, bedside panel, and tablet applications in the guest room. It aggregates data from all subsystems and devices in the room, and sends it to the Guest Room Management System and Property Management System.
● Guest Room Management System (GRMS) receives data from the HRC and provides centralized visibility and control of guest rooms and other services like BMS, PMS, and door lock. The GRMS enables the Operator to see occupancy and DND/MUR status, monitor and control conditions in the room, and troubleshoot problems remotely.
● SmartStruxure™ Solution is an integrated building management system that includes hardware and software. The main software component is StruxureWare™ Building Operation (SBO). SBO integrates the HRC, GRMS, PMS and door lock system—improving staff productivity, reducing guest complaints, and enabling superior operational efficiency and guest room functionality.
Technology has indeed become a major player across multiple industries. With these newly launched solutions, Schneider Electric is taking innovation straight into the hospitality industry, elevating both operational and energy management while helping hotels provide their guests the best level of comfort.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.