Unlike the first Zenfone Zoom which featured a variable-length lens that can zoom in and out, the Zenfone 3 Zoom touts a dual rear camera system.
Two 12-Megapixel rear cameras with different focal lengths work independently in order to achieve wide-angle (zoomed-out) and close-up (zoomed-in) shots of up to 2.3x zoom without losing image quality or sharpness.
It also features software depth-of-field effect that blurs the background, creating a “bokeh” made popular by DSLRs.
This system is similar to what Apple first introduced 4 months ago on the iPhone 7 Plus.
Lastly, the Zenfone 3 Zoom sports a full HD AMOLED screen as well as a 5000 mAh battery capable of reverse-charging other devices.
ASUS Philippines is keeping the price tightly under wraps until the April 6 reveal. Given the current trend of upper mid-tier smartphones, we feel it may be somewhere around P23,990 though we are keeping our fingers crossed for a sub-P20,000 SRP.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom (ZE553KL) tech specs
- Build: 154.3 x 77 x 8 mm all aluminum
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 5.5-inches 1920 x 1080 pixels AMOLED (Gorilla Glass 5)
- OS: Android 6.0.1 w/ ASUS ZenUI 3.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Expansion: MicroSD (uses 2nd SIM slot)
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32/64/128GB ROM
- Camera (primary): Dual 12 MP, (25mm, f/1.7, OIS & 59mm, f/2.8), 1/2.55″ sensor size @ 25mm, 1.4 µm pixel size
- Camera (selfie): 13 MP, f/2.0, 1/3″ sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size
- Features: fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000 mAh non-removable Li-Ion