Alleged Vet Malpractice caused dog's death
It was just supposed to be a teeth cleaning, but the careless veterinarian extracted more than 16 “milk teeth” of the pity dog.
A Facebook user named Mariam Al-alawi took to social media her frustration and aggravation on the malpractice of a veterinarian who performed the dental extraction operation she did not ask for.
In her post, she said "I brought my 11 months old baby for her teeth cleaning ( Dental Prophylaxis ) Due to her tartar which can't be removed from just brushing her teeth."
Things were okay then and she left her dog to the veterinarian. After some hours, the vet just called to inform her that her Pomeranian dog died. She immediately went to the clinic only to find out that the dog's caused of death was being overdosed of anesthesia after 16 milk teeth was removed from the pet's mouth.
Mariam identified the doctor as Marie Shella Ordinario or Sheng Ordinario of PetCentric which is located in Fort Bonifacio, Taguig.
Here's the full text:
I would like to share my story of a Vet Malpractice to my Pomeranian which caused her DEATH.
I brought my 11 months old baby for her teeth cleaning ( Dental Prophylaxis ) Due to her tartar which can't be removed from just brushing her teeth.
She first asked me to have her blood test, so that she can examine if my Dog is healthy. She charged me P2,800. Then after a few days she called me and said that my Dog is healthy and ready for her Dental Prophylaxis. She advised me not to feed food or water for 8 hours before bringing her to the vet.
I brought her in at 12pm She was very healthy.Her dental prophylaxis is P3500. She said i can pick my dog up when shes fully awake around 7-8pm.
She made me sign a waiver before leaving, I expected her to be a experienced doctor since the fee she is charging me is more than expensive then other vets.
I called her at 4pm to check on my baby and she said that she was fine. 9 pm she called me and said that there was bad news. My dog died.
I rushed to the vet here in Fort bonifacio, and I saw her laying on the table lifeless.
She was overdosed on the anesthesia as you can see she died with her eyes open. I was also shocked the doctor removed all of her "MILK TEETH" DAW AND CHARGED ME P600 per tooth. She removed panels and more than 16 na ipin. Its not advisable to do that especially very small size ang dog ko. Almost TEACUP size
Hindi kinaya ng dog ung ginawa niya, She was still confident saying that it happens naman daw. She never informed me of the risks or possible death. She told me maliit na na procedure, just cleaning her teeth.
Hindi kinaya ng dog ung ginawa niya, She had no remorse coldly saying "accidents happen" as if it were nothing. This is my precious baby. She never informed me of the risks or possible death. She told me maliit na na procedure, just cleaning her teeth. Never would have I expected to be staring at a lifeless corpse and burying my dog that day.
Please beware of her, she took away not just a Dog, she took away my baby. A family member.
I dont want this to happen to any other pet owner especially in fort bonifacio, the neighbourhood I live in. Its devastating and unjustifiable.
PLEASE SHARE!!! Dont let this happen to Any other pet owners!
As per our research, general anesthesia is very dangerous to animals as even small dosage can affect their breathing and blood circulation.
Will you trust others in taking care of your pets after this incident? Comment your thoughts?