Unboxing the LG G5 and a quick review, looking at the general performance, cameras, and fast charging.
The LG G5 includes a Qualcomm Quick Charge compatible USB charger which they refer to as a ‘Fast Charger’. In our tests, it was able to charge the phone at 15W which is faster than most other phones out there.
Many phones rely on 5V 1A which is 5W or at best, 5V 2A which is 10W. Of course, the charge rate reduces as the battery becomes more charged.
While a lot of people consider the two rear cameras a gimmick, I personally found it very useful to have a regular camera AND a super wide angle camera built into the phone.
Hit play to watch the video.
LG G5 specs
- Dimensions: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7 mm (5.88 x 2.91 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 159 g (5.61 oz)
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 5.3″ 1440×2560 IPS LCD + Gorilla Glass 4
- OS: Android 6.0.1 + LG Optimus UX 5.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820
- CPU: Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo
- GPU: Adreno 530
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 32 GB
- Expansion: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Rear Camera: 16MP (f/1.8) + 8MP (f/2.4), laser AF, OIS, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP (f/2.0)
- Features: Fingerprint sensor
- Colors: Silver, Titan, Gold, Pink
- Availability: April 2016
- Price: Php 34,990 (SRP), Php 21,093 on Lazada