There are various styles used by the Chinese people in their traditional festivals which are very important in their culture. These styles are connected to superstitions and myths.
The forms which they take were established between 206 and 220 BC by different poet and the masterpieces are even recited by Chinese people up to date.
These festivals include the following:
The China festivals
- The spring festivals which are characterized by displaying firecrackers and fireworks, pasting of scrolls with the ‘FU’ character, display of paper cut pictures, paying New Year visits and eating of jiaozi. This happens from first to fifty-ninth of the first lunar month.
- The Lantern festival which includes watching of the fireworks and lanterns, guessing lantern riddles, performance of the folk dances and eating of the Yuanxio.
- The Qingming festival which is includes the sweeping of tombs, spring outings and the flying of kites. This one happens in fourth or fifth April of the solar calendar.
- Dragon boat festival which includes dragon boat racing, eating of Zingzi, wearing a perfume pouch and tying a five colour silk thread and the hanging of mugwot leaves and calamus. It happens on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month.
- The double seventh festival which includes praying of skillful hands, appreciating the stars and the eating of noodles, jiaozi and wantons. It happens on the seventh day of the seven lunar month.
- The mid-autumn festival which includes appreciating and offering of sacrifices to the moonlight and eating of the moon cakes. It happens on the fifteenth day of the eighth lunar month.
Chinese literature and art
The traditional classical arts include poetry, dance, music, painting, architecture and the sculpture and they still practice them up to date.
- The poetry is the source to literally essays fiction and drama.
- There dancing includes dancing with empty hands or with weapons like the axes and sickles.
- They have paintings and drawings on rocks which expresses their imaginative thoughts. The drawings include human shapes and faces or scenery.
- Their songs touch the field of romance and work songs. There are also poems which are recited as prayers.
Chinese traditional religion
Their religions include the Chinese folk religion, Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism. This leads to a combination of beliefs and practices which include:
- Rituals and practices like praying and worshiping the ancestors and these are long term practices.
- They have beliefs that, after life there exists ghosts and spirits and also the body and soul go to heaven.
Chinese traditional food
This food is traditionally prepared unlike the other food in the restaurants. Some of the dishes are:
- The fried mashi consisting of fried noodle and rice.
- The stinky tofu which smells worse than it looks and tests better than it looks.
- The dumplings often filled with beef, pork or the veggies.
- The mutton stew which use unleavened bread which soaks up the rich flavour.