TAGUIG, Philippines – OPPO Find X finally made its way to the Philippines, landing in Metro Manila and making its debut at a hotel in Bonifacio Global City. First appearing at the worldwide launch held in Paris, France, the Find X caught everyone’s attention when it revealed the secret behind its full-screen “panoramic arc” display: a camera module that pops up and retracts as needed.
Four years in the making, at the launch marks a milestone for the Find Series, which has not seen another release since the OPPO Find 7 was launched last 2014.
Jane Wan, VP for Marketing for OPPO Philippines, highlighted the company’s passion for innovation. She revealed that OPPO currently holds over 20,000 patents, including VOOC, a technology that allows faster charging times while keeping the battery’s core temperature at a minimum.
With flagship design comes flagship specs, and the OPPO Find X naturally uses the latest and greatest from Qualcomm, a Snapdragon 845 chipset whose octa-core CPU is clocked at 4×2.8GHz (385 Gold) and 4×1.7 Ghz (385 Silver), respectively.
An Adreno 630 GPU is on board to handle graphically-demanding 3D games, while 8 GB of memory (RAM) and 256 GB of storage space (ROM) will leave care of resource-demanding applications and space-eating photos and videos.
OPPO Find X PUBG gaming performance demonstration video:
Eason de Guzman, PR Manager for OPPO Philippines, showcased the OPPO Find X Lamborghini Edition, which features 30-minute full charge via Super VOOC technology.
As earlier revealed, the standard retail price in the Philippines for the OPPO Find X is 49,990 Php, much lower than the European launch price set at 999 Euro or around 62,000 Php. The price of the OPPO Find X Lamborghini Edition is yet to be revealed, but it is expected to arrive in September, so stay tuned.
Pre-orders are open until the first week of August on Lazada, and comes with 5,000 Php worth of freebies including a Rock Space headset, charger, and game controller.
OPPO Find X technical specifications
- Screen: 6.4 inch 2340 x 1080 AMOLED panel
- OS Android 8.1 (Oreo) with ColorOS 5.1
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 6/8/8 GB RAM
- Storage: 64/128/256 GB ROM
- Camera (rear): 16 MP f/2.0 + 20 MP f/2.0 (PDAF, OIS, dual LED flash), 4K 2160p video @ 30 fps
- Camera (front): 25 MP f/2.0
- Expansion: microSD (dedicated slot)
- Audio: bottom-firing loudspeakers, no 3.5mm jack
- Conectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, NFC
- USB: USB Type-C 1.0
- Colors: Bordeaux Red, Glacier Blue
- Price: 49,990 Php / 999 Euro (8 GB/256 GB), 1699 Euro (Lamborghini edition)