When students make their minds about heading off to the university, then there are several things to consider to choose the perfect accommodation.
The student’s first and foremost concern is to look at the accommodation that is close to the university, the accommodation with better safety measures like CCTV recording, some extra items like barbeques, gyms, outdoor terrace, etc.
So, here are some important things that a student needs to consider before choosing a student accommodation are-
1. Cost- When choosing to study abroad, then a student has to make a budget to spend on living, food, transport, etc. Therefore, they cannot spend a lot of spare cash on unnecessary items because they won’t be working full-time i.e. they should not indulge in private halls of residences i.e. bit expensive.
The managed accommodation allows or offers the all-inclusive rent from the student in one single payment. It also becomes easier for the students to make a monthly budget as to how much they are paying for accommodation.
2. Safety-Safety is the ultimate concern for the students and their parents. Students come all across to another country to study in a better university and live in safe and comfortable flats or campuses.
Therefore, when choosing accommodation whether on-campus accommodation or looking for studio, the students must make sure that they are getting the proper safety measures like CCTV recording to know who is coming and going from the flat, and other appliances. The safety measures are important especially when residing in another country where hardly you know anyone.
3. Location- Another important aspect is to make a wise decision in choosing a location i.e. whether to choose the location of accommodation near to the campus or the accommodation halfway across town.
If the student is getting the accommodation near to the campus then it is beneficial for them because as they cannot spend unnecessary or spare cash and it saves their penny for transportation because people can come on foot.
Another benefit is they can make use of the library and attend campus parties. But, in case they get accommodation far from the university like shared en-suite, then though they will get the facilities, they have to incur expenses on transportation to get to the university.
Therefore, location plays a vital role when choosing private student accommodation Exeter.
4. Extras- Also the sThings to consider when choosing a student accommodation student should make sure to check the internet access in the university when choosing accommodation in ensuite.
Besides this, they should also look for some extras that might come with the place like gym, barbeques, outdoor terrace, drying and washing area, etc. Some accommodations like dual occupancy studio provide all the above facilities while some do offer some of them.
A student should know what is included and excluded when choosing a perfect accommodation for them.
5. Sense of company- When choosing accommodation, the student should choose shared apartments or privately rented rooms with fellow beings.
A good company of friends can make a smooth journey of college life. If the student residing in apartments belongs to the same university then it is beneficial to get help in studies as well.
Also, if you are unable to make any choice or need any help, then friends would always there to help you.
6. Friendly staff- If a student prefers to choose accommodation within a campus then they must make sure that the staff team should be friendly and approachable.
Any student can seek help if the staff would be friendly. Also, when choosing an accommodation student have one to one conversation with the staff to know about the things included or excluded in accommodation.
Therefore, the staff should be cooperative and patient when having words with the student.
7. Renowned trusted organization- It is important for the students to the hoop for the stay that has a trusted name in the market i.e. by choosing an established and well-maintained organization that is running for long years will have gained a renowned name and will help you in making your stay enjoyable.
8. Design- Not only location but the design of the accommodation is vital when choosing a perfect accommodation for the students. The design may involve light and space.
The accommodation should be located in places where a student can have proper sunshine and greenery around. The design of accommodation should be enthralling that makes the student feel capture the moment and that becomes a sweet memory for those college days.
9. Home comforts- It is difficult for people to manage rooms alone especially when residing in other countries. It could be because they are homesick and have never face such a situation.
But to avail of all the comfort and privacy in their accommodation, the student must look for the double room accommodation with an en-suite bathroom, exclusive dining room, secure bicycle storage, etc. Other than this, if they choose to live at homestays with an Australian family then they can enjoy every moment with them as their family.
10. Checking lease terms- The students should read out carefully the lease agreement containing the long period of the lease, move in and move out dates, or any additional charges mentioned. This will help them as no one will tell them to check, it’s their duty to carefully read out the instructions.
11. Choose roommates wisely- Every individual personality differs from others. Some tend to be introvert while some are extrovert. The introvert personality takes time to get dissolved with friends and have an open talk.
Similarly, while choosing accommodation students should look at the roommates to feel comfortable in sharing a room with them. Some students like loud music while some want to spend their time alone. Hence, it is important to look into this factor and choose roommates wisely.
Students find it difficult to look at the place to live for studying at university. But, apart from the location, there are several other important things that a student needs to consider that are discussed above.
A smart student should know all these aspects before-hand so that it becomes easy for them to choose accommodation as their choice.