TAGUIG, Philippines – TP-Link, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, showcased the Deco M9 Plus at a media launch today. It is the first consumer-friendly Mesh Wi-Fi router with smart hub functionality to be introduced in the country.
The company’s executives demonstrated what a Smart Filipino Home with Mesh Wi-Fi System can look like, using the Deco M9 as router and smart hub to provide connectivity and control multiple IoT (Internet of things) smart devices.
TP-Link Deco M9 Plus key features
- Maximized range: Wi-Fi coverages up to 4500 sq. ft. / 400 m2 (2-pack)
- Superior AC2200 tri-band speeds: 1 x 400Mbps on 2.4GHz + 2 x 867Mbps on 5GHz
- Smart hub: Connects to and controls all your smart home devices
- Compatibility: Compatible with TP-Link smart devices, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT and other leading brands, over 40 kinds of models at present and more devices coming soon
- More devices: Supports 100+ device connections
- Enhanced backhaul: Uses all three Wi-Fi bands as backhaul when traffic gets heavy, delivering speeds of over 1000Mbps
- TP-Link HomeCareTM: Parental Controls, QoS and Built-in Antivirus software
- Easy setup and management: App-based setup and convenient network management thanks to the Deco app
- Powerful processing: Qualcomm Quad-core CPU
- Expand anytime: Add more Decos to expand Wi-Fi coverage to match your home’s scale
- Supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6), the latest internet protocol
Eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones
The Mesh Wi-Fi system can link 2 Deco units, making strong Wi-Fi signal possible even in rooms separated by thick walls for up to 45000 square feet.
Up to 10 Deco units in different rooms can be combined to work together and form one unified whole-home network to eliminate weak signal areas.
Phones and tablets automatically switch to the fastest Deco as users move through their homes, creating a truly seamless online experience. Support for IEEE 802.11r as well as 802.11k/v means roaming from one Deco to another is smooth and unnoticeable, even during streaming.
Tri-band AC2200 for Gigabit networks
The AC2200 Wi-Fi system transmits three separate wireless bands for combined speeds of up to 2134Mbps:
- 400Mbps 2.4GHz band: for surfing, online shopping, and audio streaming
- 867Mbps 5GHz band: for lag-free 4k streaming and gaming
- 867Mbps 5GHz band: for backhaul functionality
Smart Connect technology automatically assigns each device to the optimum band to balance traffic and maintain fast connections.
Deco M9 Plus utilizes a single 5GHz band as wireless backhaul when traffic is light, but can count on the other 5GHz band and the 2.4GHz band for backhaul when traffic gets heavy.
Built-in smart hub
Unlike traditional Wi-Fi routers, each Deco M9 Plus unit has a built-in smart hub, bringing all your smart home devices onto one platform. Deco M9 Plus is compatible with smart bulbs, lights, switches, locks, sensors, plugs, cameras and more,
Connect over 100 devices
Beneath the stylish exterior is a Qualcomm Quad-core CPU, giving Deco M9 Plus the processing power to support over 100 devices, with speeds up to three times faster than previous generation routers.
TP-Link Deco M9 Plus price and availability in the Philippines
The Deco M9 Plus will be available beginning July 22 for a retail price of 17,500 Php for the entry-level 2-pack system with 1 year service warranty.
TP-Link does have plans to sell solo units, but the release date is still up in the air. Stay tuned!