MANILA, Philippines – Smartphone brand Vivo is bringing the notch and other advanced technologies to its Y-series, starting with the Vivo Y81.
The Y81 comes with a 6.22-inch 19:9 IPS LCD “Fullview Display” for a screen-to-body ratio of 88%. It also has Face ID Access for unlocking phones and apps in 0.1 second.
Performance-wise, the Vivo Y81 runs on an octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 chipset with 3 GB RAM and and 32 GB internal storage. It comes with Android Oreo 8.1 out of the box laced with Vivo’s proprietary Funtouch OS 4.0.
Camera-wise, it is equipped with a 13-megapixel f/2.2 rear camera . Selfies are taken with a 5-megapixel front camera with AI-powered Face Beauty mode.
This new Y-series model also has a Game Mode so users can continue playing games on WiFi with background calls, multi-task with smaller keyboard, and block unwanted alerts and calls
Vivo Y81 will carry a retail price of 9,999 Php nationwide. It is available in a single color: black.
Vivo Y81 technical specifications
- Screen: 6.22″ IPS LCD @ 1520×720 + Gorilla Glass
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano)
- Operating System: Android 8.1 (Oreo) + Funtouch OS 4.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Storage: 32 GB ROM
- Expansion: microSD
- Camera (rear): 13 MP (f/2.2), PDAF, LED flash
- Camera (front): 5 MP (f/2.2)
- Connectors: microUSB 2.0, 3.5mm audio jack
- Color: Black
- Price: 9,999 Php (~188 USD / 160 EUR)