The preliminary competition of the 65th Miss Universe will be held tonight and everybody is going “gaga” over their favorite candidates.
At this point, the Top 12 will be chosen based on their performances in national costume, swimsuit and evening gown competitions.
It will be hosted by Pia Wurtzbach and Derek Ramsay.
Joining the hosts are the preliminary judges:
- Dayanara Torres – former UNICEF ambassador, former Miss Universe from Puerto Rico, author, model, actress
- Cynthia Bailey – former model and founder of The Bailey Agency (a modeling/fashion school dedicated to helping young women achieve their dreams), current cast member on Real Housewives of Atlanta
- Rob Goldstone – former journalist, publicist, and international marketing director
- Fred Nelson – president and executive producer of the People’s Choice Awards, the annual live broadcast celebrating fan favorites in movies, music, and TV
- Francine LeFrak – social entrepreneur, women’s empowerment activist, and founder of Same Sky (an initiative that provides training and employment to HIV+ female survivors of the Rwandan genocide)
- Riyo Mori – Japanese actress, dancer, model, and beauty queen who was crowned Miss Universe 2007
Additionally, this year’s judges who will help crown the next Miss Universe include:
- Dayanara Torres: Former UNICEF ambassador and Miss Universe from Puerto Rico, author, model, and actress.
- Sushmita Sen: Bollywood actress, philanthropist and champion of women’s rights in India; founder of I AM Foundation and first ever Miss Universe from India.
- Leila Lopes: First Miss Universe from Angola and former United Nations Goodwill Ambassador for Desertification currently working with various charitable organizations in Africa.
- Mickey Boardman: Editorial Director of popular fashion and pop-culture magazine, PAPER.
- Cynthia Bailey: TV star, former model, and founder of The Bailey Agency School of Fashion, a modeling and fashion school dedicated to helping young women achieve their dreams.
- Francine LeFrak: Emmy® and Tony award-winning producer, social entrepreneur, women’s empowerment activist and founder of Same Sky, a jewelry initiative that provides training and employment to HIV+ women survivors of the Rwandan Genocide.
Plus, now through January 28, the voting window is open for fans to vote for their favorite contestant and help her earn a spot in the Top 12. Fans are able to vote up to 10 times per day per registered account via vote.missuniverse.com, the official MISS U APP, on Twitter by using #MissUniverse and the country specific hashtag found on the voting site, or by downloading the new mobile messaging app, Vodi.
- Visit the new MissUniverse.comwebsite for updates.
- Stay connected with all the action and download the updated, official MISS U APP for behind-the-scenes and exclusive content.
- Visit our press portal at www.press.missuniverse.comto download photos and b-roll.
- Interview requests and additional press opportunities are available upon request.
- Learn more about this year’s contestants:
Meanwhile, Four-Time Grammy Award-winning R&B group Boyz II Men will perform at MISS UNIVERSE, airing LIVE from the Philippines Sunday, Jan. 29 (7:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The legendary musical act, known for their smooth harmonies, holds the distinction of being the best-selling R&B group of all time, with an astounding 64 million albums sold.