DSWD Rolando Bautista forgive journalist Erwin Tulfo but with Conditions


With everything that was said and done, everything seems to still end up well as Department of Social Welfare Secretary (DSWD) Rolando Bautista said on Thursday he is willing to forgive journalist Erwin Tulfo over the latter’s offensive remarks against him on national radio if he meets certain conditions.

 

In a statement posted on DSWD’s official website, Department of Social Welfare Secretary (DSWD) Rolando Bautista said Tulfo should publish his apology in multiple platforms: (1) at least half-page advertisements in leading newspapers; (2) social media accounts– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube; and (3) radio stations DZBB, DZMM, Radio Singko, DZRH, and DZRB.

Department of Social Welfare Secretary (DSWD) Rolando Bautista is also asking Tulfo to donate a minimum of PHP300,000 to each of the 19 organizations he had identified, mostly for health, education, and welfare needs of soldiers and residents of Marawi City.

For those who don’t know who Rolando Bautista is, Department of Social Welfare Secretary (DSWD) Rolando Bautista, a retired Army chief who had led the government body tasked to rehabilitate war-torn Marawi City, is an alumnus of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA).

His comrades in the PMA, and government employees as well as non-governmental organizations backed Bautista and criticized Tulfo’s behavior. Supporters also came out with testimonies on Bautista’s character and service for the Filipino people made the rounds on social media.

Bautista thanked these organizations and individuals for “trust, faith, and respect” for him and, more importantly, the PMA, the Army, and the DSWD.

 

As for the referred incident, On May 31, in his radio program, Tulfo called the DSWD Secretary “buang” (crazy) when the latter was not available for a live interview.

“Sino ba itong buang na ito? Pasensiya na muna ano ha. Maski tao ka ni Pangulong Duterte, le-lecture-an muna kita (Who is this crazy guy? I’m sorry but.. even if you are with President Duterte, I will have to lecture you),” an irate Tulfo said.

He also threatened to slap Bautista if he ever saw him, and to dunk his head into a toilet bowl.

Tulfo had already apologized for his statement last week but reasoned that it was just a part of his job to criticize the government and its officials.

“Ang sasabihin ko lang po is ako at ang buong pamilyang Tulfo ay nagpapakumbabang humihingi ng kapatawaran kay retired general at Sec. Rolando Bautista sa pagmumura at pangbabastos ko sa kanya noong nakaraang linggo on air (I just want to say that I and the whole family are humbly asking for Sec. Bautista’s forgiveness for my cursing and rude comments aimed at him on air),” he said in his recent apology.

The Philippine National Police and the Marines also took away Tulfo and his brothers’ security detail after ruckus and the broadcaster was ordered to surrender his firearms for expired licenses.


What's Your Reaction?

Wakeke Wakeke
0
Wakeke
BULOK! BULOK!
0
BULOK!
Aww :( Aww :(
0
Aww :(
ASTIG! ASTIG!
0
ASTIG!
AMP#*@! AMP#*@!
0
AMP#*@!
Nyeam! Nyeam!
0
Nyeam!

0 Comments