MANILA, Philippines – Sony Channel announced today that “How To Get Away With Murder”, executive produced by Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers (“Grey’s Anatomy”, “Scandal”) will premiere on October 15, 2014 at 9:05 p.m. on the Sony Channel.
Academy-Award nominee Viola Davis stars as the brilliant, charismatic criminal law professor who is everything you hope your Criminal Law professor would be. She teaches a course she boldly refers to as “How To Get Away With Murder”, choosing the brightest students in her class to join her at her firm.
I don’t know what terrible things you’ve done in your life up to this point, but clearly your karma’s out of balance to get assigned my class. I’m Professor Annalise Keating and this is Criminal Law 100, or as I prefer to call it, How to Get Away with Murder.
The students vying for this coveted position include:
- Wes Gibbins (Alfred Enoch), a wide-eyed, likable boy-next-door recently accepted off the waitlist
- Michaela Pratt (Aja Naomi King), a confident, ambitious overachiever born knowing how to “lean in”
- Connor Walsh (Jack Falahee), a sly, sophisticated heartbreaker used to getting any prize he lays his eyes on
- Laurel Castillo (Karla Souza), a quiet, sensitive idealist who’s easy to underestimate
- Asher Millstone (Matt McGorry), an entitled know-it-all born into a world of Ivy League educations and country club memberships
The students all work under two of Annalise’s dedicated associates: Frank Delfino (Charlie Weber), a local Philly boy done good, and Bonnie Winterbottom (Liza Weil), a sweet, observant team-player with a hidden edge.
“How to Get Away with Murder” is created and executive-produced by Pete Nowalk (“Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy”). Shonda Rhimes (“Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy”), Betsy Beers (“Scandal,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) and Bill D’Elia (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “The West Wing”) also serve as executive producers. “How to Get Away with Murder” is produced by ABC Studios.