PHILIPPINES – As part of its 5G roll-out plan, Globe Telecom is firing up new 5G sites within Metro Manila and nearby locations. The company announced today the addition of new 5G locations in strategic areas in the following cities:
- Quezon City: Commonwealth Ave., Tandang Sora Road, Mindanao Ave, Luzon Ave.
- Manila: Abad Santos Ave., Rizal Ave., Honorio Lopez Blvd.
- Marikina: Sumulong Highway, Bagong Silang
- Caloocan: Quirino Highway, C3 Road, Congressional Road Ext.
- Valenzuela: Pan Philippine Highway, Tamaraw Hill Road
- Mandaluyong: Shaw Boulevard; Boni Ave.
- Pasig: C. Raymundo Ave., Medical City Bus Stop
- Las Pinas: Alabang Zapote Road, Marcos Alvarez Ave.
- Makati: Pasong Tamo, JP Rizal, and strategic areas in Magallanes Village
- Taguig: Lawton Avenue, Philippine Army, McKinley Road, and Forbes Park
- Paranaque: East Service Road, Dona Soledad Ave., Dr. A. Santos Ave.
- Strategic areas along SLEX and NLEX
The list is in addition to several areas in key business districts where Globe initially rolled out 5G earlier this year:
- Bonifacio Global City (BGC)
- Makati CBD
- Rockwell Center
- Ortigas CBD
- Strategic points along EDSA and C5
This milestone also comes shortly after the announcement of the availability of mobile 5G to its Globe Prepaid and TM customers who have 5G devices and are within 5G areas.
With this expansion, more customers can experience faster speeds that they can use to stream movies and TV shows at the highest-quality; lower latency to play immersive online games with fewer lags; and clearest resolution for video chats.
Businesses, learning institutions, hospitals, and other related industries in Metro Manila can also take advantage of the benefits of 5G’s next level connectivity.
In 2019, Globe became the first telco in Southeast Asia to launch 5G when it introduced its AirFiber broadband service for Globe at Home subscribers. Now, the service is also available to all Globe Platinum, Postpaid, and Prepaid customers.