TAGUIG, Philippines – Motorola just launched the Moto Z line of Android smartphones in the Philippines. Led by the 5.5-inch Moto Z2 Play, the Lenovo subsidiary expressed its commitment to competing with top smartphone brands in the Philippines.
“Motorola remains committed to delivering meaningful experiences through innovative mobile technology,” said John Rojo, Country Manager for Lenovo Philippines. “Moto Z2 Play … can give to Filipino consumers … a transformative experience,” Rojo adds.
The Moto Z product line supports Moto Mods, which extends the smartphone’s capabilities to include functions such as stereo speakers, 10x optical zoom, and video projection.
Taking design cues from the hugely successful Moto Razr, the Moto Z2 Play is only 5.99 millimeters and weighs 145 grams – much thinner and lighter other smartphones in the same range. There is, however, a noticeable camera bump at the back.
Priced at Php 24,999, the Moto Z2 Play will be available starting July 21 in Motorola stores in the Philippines.
Moto Z2 Play specs
- Display: 5.5″ Super AMOLED 1920×1080 pixels with Gorilla Glass
- SIM: Nano-SIM (dual-SIM)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 626
- CPU: 2.2GHz octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 506
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Memory (RAM): 4GB
- Storage (ROM): 64GB
- Expansion: MicroSD (up to 2 TB)
- Rear camera: 12MP f/1.7, 1.4um sensor with dual LED flash
- Front camera: 5MP f/2.2 with dual LED flash
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Colors: Lunar Gray, Fine Gold
- Features: Bluetooth 4.2 LE + EDR, NFC, Moto Mods connector, fingerprint reader
- 3.5mm headset port: present