PHILIPPINES – Realme Philippines announced today that it will be bringing the realme 7 series to the Philippines via livestream launch on September 30. This includes the realme 7 Pro as well as the realme 7, the world’s first smartphone to run on the gaming-tuned Helio G95 mobile platform by Mediatek.
It also features a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display panel with a maximum refresh rate of 90Hz. It has a minimal “in-display selfie” notch (aka hole-punch notch) which houses a 16MP selfie camera, while the rear features a quad camera system that includes a 2nd-generation 64MP Sony IMX682 sensor.
WATCH: realme 7 baby unboxing
The gaming industry is among the few industries to thrive amid the pandemic, welcoming new enthusiasts who are adapting to the new normal by having new avenues of entertainment. Game Industry Biz reported that in Q2 2020, mobile downloads shot up by 12.2 percent quarter-on-quarter and 44.4 percent year-on-year.
Mobile, according to the International Data Corporation (IDC) and App Annie, is now the primary driver of growth for digital games consumption.
According to to realme Philippines, they aim to fuel the mobile adventures of young Filipinos by launching a midrange gaming champ, and packing the world’s first MediaTek Helio G95 processor into realme 7 makes it one of the most powerful smartphones for gaming and entertainment in its price point.
In another first, both the realme 7 and realme 7 Pro are among the first smartphones in the world to receive a TÜV Rheinland Smartphone Reliability Verification after successfully passing 22 major tests of 12 daily-use scenarios, four components reliability and six extreme environments; and 38 minor tests.
The new realme 7 series will be launched via livestream on realme Philippines’ official Facebook page and YouTube channel on September 30, 12 noon.
- realme 7 technical specifications (Philippines)
- Display: 6.5 inches; 1080 x 2400 pixels; IPS LCD; 90Hz; Gorilla Glass 3
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano-SIM, dedicated slots)
- OS Android 10 (Q); realme UI 1.0
- Chipset (SoC): MediaTek Helio G95
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory (RAM) + storage: 8 GB + 128 GB
- Expansion: microSD (dedicated slot)
- Main camera (rear): 64MP f/1.8 (wide) + 8MP f/2.3 (ultrawide) + 2MP f/2.4 (macro) + 2MP f/2.4 (depth)
- Selfie camera (front): 16MP f/2.1
- Connectivity: 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0
- I/O: USB Type-C; 3.5mm audio jack; fingerprint scanner (side)
- Battery: 5,000 mAh; 30W Dart Charge
- Colors: Mist Blue, Mist White
- Price (India): 16,999 INR
- Price (Philippines): TBA (September 30, 2020)