PHILIPPINES – Redmi 9 is now in the Philippines. Xiaomi launched its newest entry-level smartphone on Monday along with its budget flagship, the POCO F2 Pro via livestream on social media. The company previously launched the Mi 10 Lite along with the Redmi Note 9 and the Redmi Note 9 Pro in the same manner.
Priced in the Philippines from 6,990 PHP, the Redmi 6 is the first entry-level Redmi smartphone to feature an all-purpose 13MP quad-camera set up which includes an ultra wide-angle sensor, macro camera, and a depth sensor for better portrait shots.
It also features a TÜV Rheinland-certified 6.53’’ FHD+ Dot Drop display with Corning Gorilla Glass for on-the-go protection.
Helio G80, 18w fast charging
On the performance front, Redmi 9 sports an optimized MediaTek Helio G80 SoC, delivering a 207% improved performance over its predecessor.
Paired with a 5020mAh large capacity battery, Redmi 9 packs the power you need for everyday work and play. The phone also supports 18W fast charging technology to keep your sideline time to a minimum so you can get back in the game.
Redmi 9 features the stunning smartphone design you deserve. On the back cover, it leverages a chic gradient color design and an anti-fingerprint ripple texture.
The rear fingerprint sensor is specially designed to sit beside the camera set, and surrounded by a trendy circle design featured on Redmi’s current smartphone lineup. Altogether, this makes Redmi 9 even more comfortable to hold and unlock.
3.5mm audio jack, dual SIM
To round it out, Redmi 9 also comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack, IR blaster, and multi-functional NFC, while supporting dual SIM usage and an additional microSD card slot. With Redmi 9, users don’t have to compromise – they can have it all.
Redmi 9 will be available in two variants, 3GB+32GB and 4GB+64GB, in Carbon Grey, Ocean Green and Sunset Purple.
Priced at PHP 6,990 and PHP 7,490 respectively, they will be available for purchase at Xiaomi Official Global Store on Shopee starting from June 16, 2020.
A one-day early bird flash sale will also be held on June 16, 2020. Consumers may purchase the 3GB+32GB variant at PHP 500 off or PHP 6,490 at Xiaomi’s Official Global Store on Shopee.
Redmi 9 specs, price (Philippines)
- Display: 6.53″; 1080 x 2340 pixels; “dot drop”; IPS LCD; Gorilla Glass 3
- SIM: Dual Nano-SIM
- OS Android 10 (Q); MIUI 12
- CPU + Chipset (SoC): MediaTek Helio G80 (2.0 GHz max)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Memory (RAM) + storage: 3GB + 32GB / 4GB + 64GB; LPDDR4X, eMMC 5.1
- Expansion: MicroSD, up to 512GB (dedicated)
- Main camera (rear): 13MP f/2.2 (wide) + 8MP f/2.2 (ultrawide) + 5MP f/2.4 (macro) + 2MP f/2.4 (depth)
- Selfie camera (front): 8MP f/2.0
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi; Bluetooth 5.0; NFC
- I/O & security: USB Type-C; 3.5mm audio jack; fingerprint scanner (rear)
- Battery: 5020 mAh; 18W fast charge, Quick Charge 3.0
- Colors: Carbon Grey, Ocean Green, Sunset Purple
- Price (Philippines): 6,990 PHP (3GB + 32GB); 7,490 PHP (4GB + 64 GB)