PHILIPPINES – Xiaomi is celebrating its 10th Anniversary with the launch of the Redmi 9C in the Philippines. The brand’s first Helio G35-powered smartphone will be available for purchase through both online and offline channels.
The Redmi 9C is an entry-level smartphone equipped with a 6.53” Dot Drop display and a 5000mAh high-capacity battery. Running on the MediaTek Helio G35 platform, it features an octa-core gaming CPU which can go up to 2.3GHz.
For photography, it sports an AI optimized triple camera that can quickly and easily capture crisp and clear images in a variety of situations.
“2020 is a very special year for Xiaomi as we celebrate 10 years of continuously building high-quality products with honest and accessible prices. As a form of gratitude to our Mi Fans and customers in The Philippines for being with us on this amazing journey, we are having a special online campaign with great deals on selected products,” said Mark Li, Country Manager of The Philippines, Xiaomi.
“At Xiaomi, we believe that innovative technology allows people to enjoy their lives better. We hope those deals will allow more Mi Fans and consumers to enjoy our highly innovative products and introduce a new generation of users to our ecosystem,” Mark Li added.
All three colors of the Redmi 9C will be available in the Philippines: Midnight Gray, Sunrise Orange and Twilight Blue.
In the Philippines, the 3GB+64GB version of Redmi 9C is priced at PHP 5,990 while the 2GB+32GB version will go on sale for PHP 5,290. Both versions will be officially available for purchase starting from August 18 on Shopee and from August 21 on Lazada. It will also be available soon at Authorized Mi Stores and other official offline retailers nationwide.
The Redmi 9C (2GB+32GB) will also have a 24-hour special introductory price of only PHP 4,990 on both online stores during their respective first day of sales.
Redmi 9C specs (Philippines)
- Display: 6.53 inches; 720 x 1600 pixels; IPS LCD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano-SIM, dedicated slots)
- OS Android 10 (Q); MIUI12
- Chipset (SoC): MediaTek Helio G35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory (RAM) + internal storage: 2GB+32GB, 3GB+64GB
- Expansion: microSD (dedicated slot)
- Main camera (rear): 13MP f/2.2 (wide) + 2MP f/2.4 (macro) + 2MP f/2.4 (depth)
- Selfie camera (front): 5MP f/2.2 (wide)
- Connectivity: 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP
- I/O: microUSB 2.0; 3.5mm audio jack
- Biometrics: rear fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5,000 mAh; 10W
- Colors: Midnight Gray, Sunrise Orange and Twilight Blue
- Price (Philippines): 5,990 PHP (3GB+64GB); 5,290 PHP (2GB+32GB)