MAKATI, Philippines – ASUS Republic of Gamers launched the ROG Phone II in the Philippines on Friday. The successor to ASUS’ mobile gaming bet, the ROG Phone II touts a 6.59-inch AMOLED display panel capable of running refresh rates of up to 120Hz (240Hz for touch sensing).
It runs on the Snapdragon 855 (7nm) Plus platform with an Adreno 640 GPU running at clock speeds of up to 700 MHz.
For photography, the phone has dual rear cameras with a 48MP main sensor and a 13MP ultrawide sensor, as well as a 24MP selfie camera.
In the Philippines, the ROG Phone II will come with 12GB RAM and 512GB of storage. ASUS Philippines is also bringing in the ROG Phone II Ultimate Edition with 12GB RAM and 1TB storage.
Price and availability (Philippines)
In the Philippines, the ROG Phone II is priced at P49,995 (12GB + 512GB), while the ROG Phone II Ultimate Edition is priced at P59,995 (12GB + 1TB). It will be available in the Philippines starting November 2019.
ROG Phone II specs (Philippines)
- Display: 6.59 inches; 1080 x 2340 pixels; AMOLED; Gorilla Glass 6; HDR10; 120Hz
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie); ROG UI
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 + 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 + 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (700 MHz)
- Memory (RAM): 12GB
- Storage (ROM): 512GB / 1TB
- Expansion: none
- Main camera (rear): 48MP f/1.8 (wide); 13MP f/2.4 (ultrawide)
- Selfie camera (front): 24MP f/2.2
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ad dual band; Bluetooth 5.0; A-GPS+GLONASS+BDS+Galileo+QZSS; NFC
- I/O: USB 3.1 Type-C 1.0; 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 6,000 mAh; 18W charging
- Colors: Matte Black
- Price (Philippines): P49,995 (12GB + 512GB); P59,995 (12GB + 1TB)