MANILA, Philippines – The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is now available in the Philippines. The latest phablet from the Korean technological giant features incremental improvements over its predecessor, the Galaxy Note 8.
First launched on August 9 at at the Barclays Center in New York City and via livestream at Marriott Hotel in Pasay City, Samsung highlighted the upgraded functionalities of the S Pen. This includes wireless control over the Galaxy Note 9, instant pairing, and auotmatic fast recharging, taking only 40 seconds to reach full power.
Everything else is bigger and faster, most noticeably the Super AMOLED screen – up 6.4 inches from 6.3 inches in the Galaxy Note 8. The increase in screen size comes despite a minimal change in surface area, with dimensions going from 74.8 x 162.5 x 8.6 mm to 76.4 x 161.9 x 8.8 mm.
Battery capacity is up 20 percent to 4,000 mAh – the largest ever in the Galaxy Note series. It is also capable of wireless from any Samsung Qi certified wireless charger.
Like its predecessor, the Galaxy Note 9 is outfitted with Samsung’s proprietary 64-bit Exynos 9 chipset, although the clock speed of the four high-performance cores have increased to 2.7 GHz or 2.8 GHz, depending on the variant. The remaining four low-power cores stay at 1.7 GHz.
There are two memory (RAM) options available: 6 GB and 8 GB, while internal storage variants are at 128 GB or 512 GB.
Photography is handled by dual 12 MP rear cameras, with one wide-angle sensor equipped with a variable-aperture lens that can switch between f/1.5 and f/2.4, respectively, while a second sensor takes telephoto shots at f/1.7 for up to 2x optical zoom. It can also capture super slow motion videos for up to 960 frames per second.
An automatic scene recognition module can detect up to twenty unique scenes to automatically optimize each photo, depending on the shooting conditions.
It can also report flaws such as closed eyes, allowing users to discard unusable shots and retain only the good ones.
Other features include dual stereo speakers and an IP68 rated chassis, which enables water proofing and dust proofing for every day use.
In the Philippines, the price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 are: 55,990 Php for the 128 GB variant; 75,990 Php for the 512 GB variant.
Color variants include Ocean Blue with a Pearl Yellow S Pen (128GB & 512GB), Midnight Black, (128GB), and Metallic Copper (128GB).
Technical specifications: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED @ 2960×1440
- SIM: Single or hybrid dual-sim (Nano SIM)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Processor: 10nm 64-bit Samsung Exynos 9 (2.7 GHz + 1.7 GHz or 2.8 GHz + 1.7 GHz)
- Memory (RAM): 6 / 8 GB LPDDR4
- Storage (ROM): 128 / 512 GB
- Expansion: MicroSD (up to 512 GB)
- Camera (rear): 12 MP f/1.5 – f/2.4 wide-angle lens with OIS + 12 MP f/1.7 telephoto lens with OIS
- Camera (front/selfie): 8MP f/1.7
- Battery: 4,000 mAh Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 and AFC with Samsung Qi wireless charging support
- Features: fingerprint sensor, heart rate sensor, iris scanner, facial recognition
- Price: 55,990 Php (6 GB RAM / 128 GB ROM); 75,990 Php (8 GB RAM / 512 GB ROM) – Buy it on Lazada