● Schneider Electric promotes new data center management that is simple, fast, and cost-effective with the HyperPod.
● Installation of containment solution HyperPod can bring businesses capex savings of up to 16%.
Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, launches its first containment solution, HyperPod, in the Philippines in collaboration with VST-ECS Philippines, formerly known as MSI-ECS, last September 24, 2019. Through this newest innovation, Schneider Electric aims to help businesses become smarter consumers of energy as it transforms the way data centers are managed and maintained.
As more and more businesses continue to transform their operations and integrate different types of technology, IT is being deployed rack by rack rather than server by server which scales it up and takes up larger room spaces. Data center customers are now turning to the deployment of simple and cost-optimized equipment as well as open compute style architectures which are changing the entire data center landscape. Schneider Electric’s HyperPod enables data centers to be designed, deployed, and upgraded faster and at a lower total installation cost. This new offering is scalable and highly customizable to support various business applications.
With HyperPod, Schneider Electric aims to share with different businesses a containment solution with the following benefits when it comes to having an improved and innovative data center management system:
● Efficiency and flexibility. Implementation of efficient data centers while maintaining flexibility and the ability to roll racks in and out. Compared to traditional systems, HyperPod has a frame-based containment and power cables are mounted on its own cantilevers.
● Swift Installation. Deployment and installation time is faster by 21% compared to traditional data centers, cutting down the time for ceiling grid work, installation of under-floor cable trays and cutouts. Hyperpod also offers faster containment assembly and running power.
● Support for Varied Conditions. Designed to accommodate different cooling configurations and support a variety of power distribution options.
● Customer-first. Prevention of costly, time-consuming, and invasive construction.
● Scalability. Opportunity to be repurposed for new applications quickly and cost-effectively.
Tony Kang, Business Vice President for Secure Power, Schneider Electric Philippines said: “The concept behind Schneider Electric’s newest innovation is all about helping businesses optimize their operations and making sure that we get maximum productivity while achieving savings and efficiency. With containment solution called HyperPod, we hope to reshape industries by providing Innovation at Every Level through our scalable and flexible innovation that is fit for any business’ data center needs. Our partnership with VST-ECS Philippines showcases what efficiency truly means and we hope to share this with everyone.”
Schneider Electric currently offers HyperPod to colocation providers, cloud providers, large telecommunications companies, and large enterprises. Since it is scalable, it can also cater to small-to-medium businesses that house their own data centers. The cost of the installation of HyperPod varies since it is highly dependent on the size and scale of data centers and bring businesses capital expenditure (capex) savings of up to 16% when they start making the shift.
Tom Pascual, Jr., Assistant Vice President for Technology and Product Solutions Division, VST-ECS Philippines added: “Schneider Electric is more than just a partner to VST-ECS. We strongly believe in their mission when it comes to using technology to create innovations that businesses and consumers can use to optimize their operations for maximized productivity and efficiency. This is why we are opening the first HyperPod in the Philippines to companies and end-users with data center operations so they can learn more about its different applications and benefits.”
For site tour inquiries, kindly contact Joan Aquino at [email protected]