Recently, a branch of Starbucks in Mandaluyong is in hot waters after a customer complained that she found a creepy dead mouse inside her Starbucks coffee.
The complainant told ABS-CBN News that she ordered coffee in the store’s Addition Hills branch in Mandaluyong City around 9 p.m. Tuesday, January 26. According to alias Jessa, who chose to hide her identity, she and her friends went to the coffee shop to chill out. After their meeting, they decided to go out and since she wasn’t able to finish drinking her coffee yet, she took it out. On her way home, Jessa strangely noticed a hard object inside the cup. To her curiosity, she opened it and stirred the coffee. She was shocked and almost pass out upon seeing a creepy lifeless mouse floating in her favorite drink.
“I didn’t know what to do when I saw it; I was trembling and vomiting,” she said in Filipino.
In a video released by ABS-CBN News, the woman was seen vomiting.
Jessa rushed to the Mandaluyong police station to blotter the incident after the branch manager denied that the dead rodent was part of the product they had served to her.
The manager insisted that their store is clean and they have a sanitary permit, according to one of Jessa’s friends.
Representatives of the city health and sanitation office who went there the following day for an ocular inspection reportedly said the branch showed complete permits but barred them from entering the kitchen in spite of their mission order.
In a statement, Starbucks Philippines vowed to conduct an internal probe on the allegation.
“At Starbucks, we want every customer who visits our stores to have a positive experience. The safety of our customers is of theutmost importance, and we take our obligation to provide safe products seriously. We are taking our customer’s concerns seriously and are actively investigating her claim.”
Is this a case of negligence on sanitation? Will you still buy a Starbucks coffee? Comment your thoughts.