PHILIPPINES – Tech industry innovator Lenovo today unveiled ThinkBook Plus, the latest ThinkBook designed for the next generation workforce. Millennials and Gen Zers who revel in the satisfaction of doing multiple projects at the same time will definitely find a new go-to device in this dual-screen offering.
ThinkBook Plus features an innovative e-Ink cover display and an integrated Precision Pen for maximum functionality and productivity. It is specifically designed to help modern multitaskers perform better by improving their focus, collaboration, and creativity. Featuring a 13.3-inch FHD main display with screen rotation and anti-glare, ThinkBook Plus enables users to perform work assignments with better clarity and ease. Meanwhile its 10.8-inch e-Ink display on the cover allows users to easily sketch and take notes using the integrated Lenovo Precision Pen, as well as receive essential notifications when the lid is closed, allowing them to stay focused during meetings. The e-Ink display is made from Corning Gorilla Glass NBT, a unique glass solution for touch-enabled notebooks that provides enhanced scratch resistance and reduced scratch visibility.
“The nature of today’s workplace demands productive multitasking and with the ThinkBook Plus, we are providing a solution that delivers business-grade performance coupled with a seamlessly integrated e-Ink display,” said Michael Ngan, President and General Manager, Lenovo Philippines. “Lenovo is committed to enabling employees to work their best by delivering smarter technology for all. We are confident that with its secondary display with integrated pen, the ThinkBook Plus not only boosts maximum efficiency but redefines productivity and multitasking for the modern workforce.”
Around 60% of today’s workforce is comprised of Gen Z and millennials, and while these digital natives are familiar with multitasking across devices, research has proven that this may not be the most efficient way of working where employees can lose up to 2.1 hours per day due to time required to refocus on a task. Moreover, employees in Asia have also expressed interest in adopting new form factors into the workplace. Lenovo believes that with smarter technology, employees can enhance their focus and productivity, regardless of role and task.
The design innovation around ThinkBook Plus hinges on the concerns and needs of the modern workforce, based on customer insights and data relating to multitasking work practices. The device is a new kind of laptop designed to help users fully maximize their multitasking efficiency:
- Collaborate better by staying focused during meetings as it shows on the cover display only the essential notifications such as calendar appointments, instant messages, or important emails. Take notes instantly with the integrated Precision Pen, which can be synced with Microsoft OneNote. Control VoIP calls quickly with meeting hotkeys and experience better audio clarity with Harman speakers and Skype-certified microphones. With Amazon® Alexa® for PC integrated, users can simultaneously execute several common tasks through voice command, without the need to open the laptop.
- Create and convert real time ideation into diagrams and notes by sketching on the cover screen with the Precision Pen. Personalise the device with a unique screensaver on the laptop cover and enjoy the laptop experience with a narrow bezel FHD IPS (In-Plane Switching) display. Ideas, documents, and data stored in the device remain secure with the dTPM 2.0, which provides enhanced hardware security.
- Review documents quickly without distractions on the cover display that supports annotations. Open the laptop for more complex revisions leveraging the power of 10th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Windows 10, standard solid-state storage (SSD) and available Intel® Optane™ memory, which altogether deliver an optimal performance upgrade that enables users to execute work functions easily and proficiently.
- Respond quickly thanks to Modern Standby, a feature that allows the device to stay up to date even when it sleeps, ensuring emails and updates are received even when the lid is closed. The ThinkBook Plus also reduces downtime as it is designed with Smart Power On, which simplifies Windows Hello authentication where users can log in instantaneously through the fingerprint identification integrated into the power button.
Lenovo’s smarter technology promise to customers is aimed at helping them prepare to address the challenges ahead, seeing as technology has become extremely important to meeting people’s basic needs and keeping the world going even during the pandemic. This is achieved through Lenovo’s portfolio of strong, diversified businesses spanning smart IoT, smart infrastructure, and smart verticals, glued together by its top-notch services offerings.
The ThinkBook Plus is equipped with superior security solutions and business-grade support including:
- Accidental Damage Protection (ADP), which provides coverage for non-warranted damage incurred under normal operating conditions, and
- Premier Support, an enhanced warranty plan that provides 24×7 direct access to tech support on the first call, on priority. The device is also covered with one-year base warranty, which may be upgraded to up to a 5-year extension. Base warranty may also be upgraded to avail Onsite Next Business Day Response (NBD) for service calls or any failed part that needs to be replaced or repaired.
Pricing and availability (Philippines)
ThinkBook Plus is available in the Philippines on a by-order basis, with stocks expected to arrive by the third quarter of the year. A ThinkBook Plus 20TG0060PH model with Intel Core i7-10510U, 16GB SO-DIMM DDR4-2666 memory, and 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe storage, for instance, has an SRP of Php104,950.