The 7th QCinema Awards Night went underway recently at the Monet Ballroom of Novotel Hotel in Araneta City and gave out pylon trophies and citations to deserving winners.
In attendance was Mayor Joy Belmonte who founded this film festival seven years ago and continues to thrive excellence in motion pictures not just here in Asia but around the world.
- Best film: Cleaners (Glenn Barit); won best audience choice award and best screenplay
- Best director: Rae Red (Babae at Baril)
- Best actor: Por Silatsa (The Long Walk)
- Best actress: Janine Gutierrez (Babae at Baril)
- Best short film: Judy Free (Che Tagayamon)
- Audience choice award (short film): Excuse Me Miss Miss Miss (Sonny Calvento)
- Gender Sensitivity Award: Babae at Baril (Rae Red)
- Special Jury Prize: Carla Pulido Ocampo (Tokwifi)
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Vic del Rosario (Viva Films)
- NETPAC Jury Prize: Qui Sheng (Suburban birds)
- Best Contribution for film editing: Lee Chatametikool (Nakorn-Sawan)
Congratulation to all the winners, you guys rocked!