Alma Moreno enters Top 20 senatorial bets in Pulse Asia survey
Shall a controversy be an advantage?
Yes! "With reservations."
The latest survey results released by Pulse Asia clearly shows us that a public shame could lead into positive light where the most talked (so far) senatoriable in social media, former actress Alma Moreno made it into the Top 20 senatorial bets.
According to The Philippine Star, Alma Moreno obtained 15.4%, ranking 19th while Senator Vicente "Tito" Sotto made into the top of the roster with 72.6%.
Moreno made a noise in social media after her interview with Karen Davila in ANC's Headstart, in which netizens noticed that the senate aspirant was "ignorant" and "clueless" in the most pressing issues of the country. (see 10 statements of Alma Moreno on becoming a Senator - #1 is too funny to miss)
The survey was conducted among 1,200 respondents nationwide from November 8 to 15. The respondents were asked who among the senatorial bets would they vote for if the elections were held during the day of the survey.
Here's the complete list of probable winners in the senatorial race:
- Sen. Vicente "Tito" Sotto III (72.6 percent)
- Former Senator Ping Lacson (65.2 percent)
- Sen. Ralph Recto (62.9 percent)
- Senate President Franklin Drilon (57.5 percent)
- former Sen. Juan Miguel "Migz" Zubiri (57.5 percent)
- Sen. Sergio Osmeña III (52.1 percent)
- Boxing icon and Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao (50.2 percent)
- Philippine Red Cross Chair Richard Gordon (49.7 percent)
- Sen. Teofisto "TG" Guingona III (44.8 percent)
- former Justice Secretary Leila de Lima (37.9 percent)
- former Akbayan party-list Rep. Risa Hontiveros-Baraquel (36.5 percent)
- Manila Vice Mayor Francisco "Isko Moreno" Domagoso (30.4 percent)
- Former Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) ChairFrancis Tolentino (23.4 percent)
- TV host Edu Manzano (22.2 percent)
- Valenzuela Rep. Sherwin Gatchalian (22 percent)
- former Pampanga Gov. Mark Lapid (20.4 percent)
- former TESDA chief Joel Villanueva (19.7 percent)
- actress and Parañaque Councilor Alma Moreno (15.4 percent)
- Leyte Rep. Ferdinand Martin Romualdez (14.6 percent)