PHILIPPINES – After teasing the Legion Phone Duel for weeks, Lenovo Philippines officially unveiled its newest mobile gaming phone at the ESGS (Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit). Priced at Php39,995 (12GB + 128GB) and Php49,995 (16GB + 512GB), the phone brings hardware optimized for mobile gaming experience, as well as 5G connectivity via the Snapdragon 865+ platform.
True to Legion’s commitment to solve end-user problems, the Legion Phone Duel was designed from the ground up to address four major pain points: heat, battery, controls, and livestreaming.
“Since we were designing the phone from the ground up, we listened and plotted out end-user pain points that we wanted to solve,” said Tristan Ver Gonzales, 4P Product Manager for Legion Philippines.
At the livestream launch, Legion Philippines touted the phone’s performance, reaching a high of 646,449 in AnTuTu in their internal tests, making it the highest benchmark recorded as of September, beating the likes of the ROG Phone 3, Mi 10 Ultra, and Oppo Find X2 Pro.
In addition to this, the Legion Phone Duel features a 6.65-inch 144Hz AMOLED display with 240Hz touch sampling rate, ideal for fast-paced gaming where quick reaction times and lag-free input is critical to achieving victory.
As an allusion to its name, the Legion Phone Duel is based on a dual architecture:
- Dual batteries: The phone features two 2,500 mAh battery modules located on both sides of the phone, with the warm logic board located in the center for a much cooler hand-held experience.
- Dual USB Type-C charging: Legion Phone Dual comes with two USB Type-C ports which can be charged at the same time, allowing it to go from 0 to 60% in just 15 minutes, and from 0 to 100% in just 34 minutes at 90W.
- Dual shoulder controls: Two mappable ultrasonic triggers simulate tactile physical buttons for use in games where shoulder triggers come in handy, such as Call of Duty: Mobile.
- Dual loud speakers: The phone features two front-firing, Dirac-tuned loud speakers that generates a 3D sound field around the device, with a big 1.4 cubic centimeter audio chamber for detailed audio playback.
- Dual liquid heat pipes: Cools down the phone and prevents thermal throttling, an issue that is prevalent when running modern, graphically demanding games in high refresh rate mode (60FPS and above).
- Dual Haptics: Provides more detailed feedback when gaming and using the shoulder controls.
For photography, the Legion Phone Duel features 64MP dual rear cameras as well as a 20MP motorized pop-up front-facing (selfie) camera system. The 64MP main sensor runs on the Samsung GW1 sensor, while the selfie camera can be be shown as an over-lay in games for live streaming.
In addition to to displaying key performance metrics such as frame rate and hardware utilization in-games, the Legion Assistant app lets users control and program the RGB lighting system at the back, which consists of the LEGION text logo and the “Y-shaped” Legion icon.
Pricing and availability (Philippines)
The Lenovo Legion Phone Duel will be available at authorized Lenovo resellers and Lenovo Legion concept stores in the Philippines starting November 1, 2020, priced as follows:
- Blazing Blue (12GB + 256GB): Php39,995
- Vengeance Red (16GB + 512GB): Php49,995
As an introductory offers, the first few purchases will come bundled with the following freebies:
- Blazing Blue: Lenovo HT28 Wireless Earbuds worth Php1,995
- Vengeance Red: Lenovo H300 Gaming Headset worth Php2,995
As a Christmas gift, purchases made from October 31 to December 31, 2020 will include 1,000 Empire points, which can be used to redeem exclusive legion merchandise, such as The Empire x PlayerOne Gaming Chair, Legion M600 Wireless Gaming Mouse, and Legion K300 RGB Gaming Keyboard.
Legion Phone Duel technical specifications (Philippines)
- Display: 6.65 inches; 1080 x 2340 pixels; AMOLED; HDR10+; 144Hz refresh rate (240 Hz touch sampling rate)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- OS Android 10 (Q); Legion OS / ZUI 12
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm SDM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.1 GHz Kryo 585 + 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650 (645 MHz)
- Memory (RAM) + storage: 12GB + 256GB; 16GB + 512GB
- Expansion: none
- Main camera (rear): 64MP f/1.9 (wide), Samsung GW1 sensor; 16MP f/2.2 (ultrawide)
- Selfie camera (front): 20MP f/2.2, motorized pop-up
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac/6 dual band; Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX (HD, Adaptive); A-GPS+GLONASS+BDS+Galileo+QZSS; NFC
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers (Dirac)
- I/O: USB Type-C 3.1 (side), USB Type-C 2.0 (bottom); fingerprint scanner (under display, optical)
- Battery: 5,000 mAh; 90W fast charging (dual)
- Colors: Vengeance Red, Blazing Blue
- Price (Philippines): Php39,995 (12GB + 256GB) Blazing Blue; Php49,995 (16GB + 512GB) Vengeance Red