Last May 18, the National Bureau of Investigation unleashes faster processing of NBI Clearance, making the process more faster and less hassle for all applicants.
The former 6-step process has now reduced to the 3-step process:
- On-line registration, appointment and e-payment
- Photo capture and fingerprint biometrics
- Clearance printing
It is said by NBI Director Virgilio Mendez that “The online registration, appointment and e-payment system is the bureau’s response to provide a more efficient and convenient process of issuing NBI clearance. It is the solution to eradicate queuing at the NBI clearance centers, shorten both waiting and processing time.”
The 3-step process are as the following:
On-line registration, appointment and e-payment
Register online, complete the application form and secure an appointment date at the NBI Clearance website – clearance.nbi.gov.ph. paying the processing fee can be made through the following:
- Online banking – payment through internet banking access
- Over the counter (bank) – OTC payment through participating banks
- Over the counter (non-bank) – OTC payment through any Bayad Center outlets, LBC outlets and Robinsons Department Stores.
- ATM and Debit Cards – ATM card payment through BDO, BPI, Unionbank, Chinabank, maybank, RCBC, PNB and UCBP.
- Mobile payment – Payment through G-Cash
Photo capture and fingerprint biometrics
As soon as the appointment date is set, you can now proceed to any of the 71 NBI Clearance processing centers nationwide for the photo capture and fingerprint biometrics.
After the picture taking and fingerprint capture, you can now get the NBI Clearance. It’ll take long though if the record has a “HIT” status.
NBI clearance applicants with no internet access can also proceed at the NBI processing center in Manila for they have computer workstations installed and available to use for free. Regional and district offices will also have computer stations installed soon.