MAKATI, Philippines – Nokia 7.2, the first smartphone from HMD Global to feature a triple-camera module, is officially coming to the Philippines.
Following the success of the Nokia 7 line, the Nokia 7.2 touts a 48MP f/1.79 camera with ZEISS optics and two additional sensors: an 8MP f/2.2 wide-angle (118 degree) sensor and a 5MP depth sensor.
It features special “portrait modes” where the bokeh simulates art lenses by taking on the shape of a heart, star, or a swirling background.
Like the Nokia 3.2, its 6.3-inch screen has a waterdrop notch to make room for the 20MP front-facing camera.
It runs on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 platform with its octa-core (4 x 2.2GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz) CPU and an Adreno 512 GPU.
Internationally, the Nokia 7.2 comes in multiple variants, however, in the Philippines, HMD will only be releasing the 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM (storage) model. Two colors will be available: Charcoal and Cyan Green.
A member of the Android One program, Nokia 7.2 runs near-stock Android 9 (Pie) out of the box, with support for Android 10 via OTA (over-the-air) update when it comes out.
Nokia retains the 3.5mm audio jack, while data transfer and power delivery is supported via USB Type-C connector with OTG support.
Price and availability (Philippines)
Nokia 7.2 will be available starting October 19 at a standard retail price of 15,990 PHP at Nokia stores, kiosks, and SiS nationwide:
- Nokia mobile store – Glorietta 2
- Nokia mobile store – SM North EDSA
- Nokia mobile kiosk – Robinsons Manila
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Megamall
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Mall of Asia
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Batangas
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Rosales
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Sta. Rosa
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Urdaneta
- Nokia mobile SiS – Tiongsan Harrison Baguio
- Nokia mobile store – Gaisano Mall of Davao
- Nokia mobile store – Gaisano Mall of Tagum
- Nokia mobile store – SM Iloilo
- Nokia mobile kiosk – SM Cebu
Nokia 7.2 specs (Philippines)
- Display: 6.3 inches (waterdrop notch); 1080 x 2280 pixels; IPS LCD; Gorilla Glass 3
- SIM: Dual SIM + SD card slots (3 in 3)
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie); (Android One)
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4 x 2.2GHz Kryo 260 & 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Memory (RAM): 5GB LPDDR4x
- Storage (ROM): 128GB e-MMC 5.1
- Expansion: microSD (up to 512GB)
- Main camera (rear): 48MP 1/2″ Quad Pixel f/1.79 + 5 MP depth + 8MP f/2.2 wide-angle (118 degrees); ZEISS optics; LED flash
- Selfie camera (front): 20MP Quad Pixel f/2; ZEISS optics
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac; BT 5.0; GPS+AGPS+GLONASS+BDS+Galileo; NFC
- I/O: USB Type-C (USB 2.0) OTG; 3.5mm audio jack (Qualcomm aptX)
- Battery: 3,500 mAh; 5V/2A charging
- Colors: Cyan Green, Charcoal
- Price: 15,990 PHP (Philippines)