PHILIPPINES – POCO X3 goes official! Priced at only 199 EUR (6GB + 64GB introductory price), the launch comes two years after the release of the Pocophone F1, and only half a year after its predecessor, the POCO X2. In the Philippines, the POCO X3 is priced at 10,990 PHP (6GB + 64GB), and Pinoys will be among the first in the world to enjoy the device.
This time, Xiaomi sets its sights on the mid-range market as a “true all-rounder” that excels at 5 categories: camera, design, performance, battery, and price.
This includes advanced features at a very affordable such as a 6.67-inch screen clocked at 120Hz, the as well as a 5160 mAh battery that can “Turbo Charge” at 33W.
“Everything you need, nothing you don’t – This is the very core of the POCO Brand,” said Angus Ng, Product Marketing Manager at POCO.
“All of our devices are built based on this philosophy,” he added. Ng then went on to reiterate the significance of the Pocophone F1, which kicked off the POCO brand, disrupting the market by offering great performance at a great price.
He then talked about its successor, the POCO F2 Pro which, according to him, inherited the spirit of the first-generation POCO.
Running on the gaming-oriented Snapdragon 732G platform from Qualcomm, POCO also aims to appeal to mobile gamers by ensuring properly managed thermals via LiquidCool, the company’s proprietary thermal management technology first seen on the the Pocophone F1.
For photography and content creation, the POCO X2 touts a quad-camera module, which includes a 64MP f/1.9 main sensor capable of 8K video recording.
It also includes a 13MP ultrawide camera , a 2MP f/2.4 macro camera , and a 2MP f/2.4 depth camera for added creativity.
For selfies, the POCO X3 now goes down to a single 20MP front-facing camera, a downgrade from the dual selfie cameras on the POCO X2.
Ng repeatedly stressed that the POCO X3 offers “exactly what you need”, taking shots at the 379 EUR Samsung Galaxy A71, which is almost double the price of the POCO X3.
POCO X3 (NFC) price, availability (Philippines)
In the Philippines, the POCO X3 (NFC) will be available starting September 9 at a price of 10,990 PHP (6GB + 64GB) and 12,990 PHP (6GB + 128GB). It will be going on sale on Shopee at an introductory price of 9,990 PHP (6GB + 64GB) and 11,990 PHP (6GB + 128GB).
As a freebie, customers will receive a complimentary POCO mousepad and a BlackShark Fun Cooler for the 6GB+64GB variant, while customers of the 6GB + 128GB model will receive a free POCO digital pouch and a BlackShark Fun Cooler Pro.
POCO X3 (NFC) technical specifications
- Display: 6.67 inches; 1080 x 2400 pixels; 120Hz refresh rate (240Hz touch sampling rate); IPS LCD; Gorilla Glass 5
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano-SIM, hybrid slots)
- OS Android 10 (Q); MIUI 12
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G (8nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.3GHz + 6×1.8GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory (RAM) + internal storage: 6GB+64GB, 6GB+128GB
- Expansion: microSD (hybrid slot)
- Main camera (rear): 64MP f/1.73 (wide) + 13MP f/2.2 (ultrawide) + 2MP f/2.4 (macro) + 2MP f/2.4 (depth)
- Selfie camera (front): 20MP f/2.2 (wide)
- Connectivity: 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band; Bluetooth 5.1 A2DP LE
- I/O: USB Type-C; 3.5mm audio jack
- Biometrics: fingerprint sensor (side-mounted)
- Battery: 5,160 mAh; 33W
- Colors: Cobalt Blue, Shadow Gray
- Price (Global): 199 EUR (6GB + 64GB); 249 EUR (6GB + 128GB)
- Price (Philippines): 10,990 PHP (6GB + 64GB); 12,990 PHP (6GB + 128GB)