The COVID-19 pandemic has increasingly upended even the most basic aspects of everyday life, making the MAPFRE-PRC partnership timely. In the Philippines, there are only an estimated six doctors for every 10,000 people — a problem that has only become exasperated as the pandemic strains the nation’s healthcare system. The increased burden on the national healthcare system has left fewer resources for Filipinos seeking medical help in general, heightening the need for additional accessible and affordable healthcare services.
The partnership is indeed timely as it specifically introduces the PRC Prestige Membership Card, a new addition to PRC’s roster of membership cards which is a form of donation. This is the only card that gives its members both life and non-life insurance coverage; with the life insurance also covering death due to COVID. PRC Prestige Membership also offers benefits including:
- Priority assistance on blood requests
- Priority access to ambulance services
- !0% Discount on Safety Training
- Accidental Death and Disablement Cover worth PhP200,000
- Unprovoked Murder and Assault Cover worth PhP200,000
- Term life coverage worth PhP 200,000
- Fire cash assistance worth PhP 20,000
These benefits cover emergencies, sicknesses, disasters, and even death subject to insurance cover terms and conditions. Insurance cover for non-life benefits is automatic upon purchase while life insurance cover must be activated via a microsite (www.helpandprotect.com.ph/prc/).