PHILIPPINES – Xiaomi today announced the addition of a new Redmi smartphone: Redmi 9T. Running on Qualcomm Snapdargon 662 chipset, it touts a 48MP AI quad rear-camera, a 6,000 mAh battery, and 18W fast charging via an in-box 22.5W charger.
Its display is a 6.53” FHD+ Dot Drop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 as added protection against cracks and scratches. Unlike the Redmi Note 9T, the Redmi 9T is a 4G-only phone and does does not support 5G.
Redmi 9T also comes with dual loud speakers as well as Widevine L1 and TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certifications for a more enjoyable viewing experience.
It also features Dual SIM, microSD expandable storage, an infrared (IR) blaster, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and 5GHz Wi-Fi support.
Redmi 9T price, availability in the Philippines
The device is available in four color vairants: Carbon Gray, Twilight Blue, Sunrise Orange, and Ocean Green.
Redmi 9T is priced from EUR159 or ~Php9,341 (4GB/64GB model). According to a press release sent by Xiaomi Philippines, the Redmi 9T will be coming to the Philippines “soon”.
Redmi 9T specs (Philippines)
- Display: 6.53″ IPS LCD 2340×1080, Gorilla Glass 3
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- OS: Android 10 (MIUI 12)
- CPU: Octa-core Snapdragon 662 (2.0GHz max)
- Memory + storage: 4GB+64GB / 6GB+128GB
- Expansion: microSD (dedicated slot)
- Camera (rear): 48MP f/1.8 (main), 8MP f/2.2 (ultra-wide), 2MP (macro), 2MP (depth)
- Camera (front:) 8MP
- 5G: no
- Features: stereo loudspeakers, fingerprint scanner (side), headphone jack, IR blaster, NFC, USB-C
- Wi-Fi: 2.4GHz, 5GHz 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- Battery: 6.000 mAh; 18W fast charging
- Price: EUR159 (~Php9,341) (4GB+64GB)/ EUR189 (Php11,103) (6GB+128GB)