PHILIPPINES – Samsung just announced the Galaxy S20 Ultra, the latest and greatest in the Galaxy S-series which touts a quad-camera module with a 108 Megapixel wide angle lens and a 48 Megapixel telephoto periscope-type lens that can zoom all the way to 100x.
It is the first smartphone camera in the world capable of 8K video recording. It also features a 6.9″ Dynamic AMOLED 2.0 screen that can run at a high refresh rate of 120hz.
The S20 Ultra is driven by the Exynos 990 platform (7nm+) with an octa-core CPU, 12GB of memory and 128GB of storage. It supports 5G networks, the latest telecommunications standard being rolled out by major carriers worldwide.
Those looking for smaller phones can opt for the Galaxy S20 Plus which features a 6.7″ screen, and the Samsung Galaxy S20 which features a 6.2″ screen.
In the Philippines, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra will retail for 69,990 PHP with two color options: Cosmic Black and Cosmic Gray. Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus will be available only via pre-orders at 55,990 PHP in three colors: Cosmic Gray, Cosmic Black, Cloud Blue.
The Galaxy S20 will be available exclusively online and through carriers at 49,990 PHP in two colors: Cosmic Gray and Cloud Pink.
Click on the play button to watch our hands-on, or click here to watch it on YouTube.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra specs (Philippines):
- Screen: 6.9” 1440×3200 120hz Dynamic AMOLED 2.0, Gorilla Glass 6
- Camera: 108MP wide + 48MP telephoto periscope (folded lens) + 12MP ultrawide + .3MP depth sensor TOF (time of flight), 8K video recording @ 30 FPS
- SIM: Single / dual-SIM (hybrid Nano-SIM)
- OS: Android 10.0 OneUI
- CPU: Octa-core Exynos 990 (7nm)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP 11 (Global) / Adreno 650 (USA)
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 3.0
- Expansion: Yes (hybrid slot)
- Features: IP68 dust + water resistance, no audio jack, dual loud speakers, in-display fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000 mAh 45W charging
- Colors: Cosmic Black, Cosmic Gray
- Price (Philippines): 69,990 PHP