MANIAL, Philippines – SONY Philippines successfully launches its newest addition to its full-frame mirrorless camera line-up, the Sony α7 III. The ILCE- 7M3K priced at Php 129,999 (net cash) and the ILCE-7M3 priced at Php 115,999 (net cash) is now available in all Sony centers and Sony authorized dealers nationwide.
Retaining high-powered performance, high-quality image processing, 4K movie shooting, fast-processing speed and shooting response, the α7 III comes as another breakthrough on the Sony Alpha line-up. It also features high-performing battery life known to any mirrorless camera at 710 shots per charge.
The event showcased the latest features of the α7 III through photo talks and demos from Sony Ambassadors – Pilar Bonnin, portrait photographer, and Jerome Ascano, sports photographer. The event gathered various photography communities comprising of amateur to professional photographers, and tech and lifestyle media.
Sports photographer, Jerome Ascano, test drive the unit on-ground through a live mock-up boxing match. Jerome mentions, “as a sports photographer, having the right equipment is vital to capture the right moments. The α7 III’s capturing speed allows me to capture the moments at a faster pace without compromising the image quality, and this is up to 24.2 megapixels.”
On the other hand, Portrait Photographer, Pilar Trigo Bonnin, reviewed the picture quality through an onsite bridal studio photoshoot. “Using the α7 III is very user-friendly. It allows you to take seamless images effortlessly”, Pilar expresses.
During the live shoot, she shares with the crowd how clear the images are – from the details of the gown to the face of the subject. Everything is captured in perfect detail.
The latest innovation in mirrorless camera comes in the all-new Sony α7 III that comes with the following features:
- Newly Developed Full-frame 24.2MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS Image Sensor with Evolved Image Processing
- Wide ISO range of 100 – 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 – 204800 for still images) and 15-Stop Dynamic Range at low sensitivities
- World Class AF system featuring 693 phase-detection AF points covering 93% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and fast and reliable Eye AF
- Continuous Shooting at up to 10 fps with either Mechanical Shutter or Silent Shooting and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
- High Resolution 4K Movie Shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning across full-width of full-frame sensor
- The longest rated battery life of any Mirrorless camera at 710 shots per charge