This coming September 12, the UP Association of Civil Engineering Students (UP ACES) will launch the 13th National Civil Engineering Summit (NCES).
Now a 7-day event, NCES showcases the pivotal role of civil engineering in nation-building. With more than 4,000 participants, the biggest event of NCES 2018 is the National Civil Engineering Symposium to be held on September 20-21 at University Theater (Villamor Hall) in UP Diliman.
With the theme At the Forefront: Highlighting the Role of Civil Engineering as a Catalyst in Nation-Building, the Symposium this year is jam-packed with a series of talks from professionals both from public and private sectors.
Here’s a preview of the topics and speakers:
Build Build Build Program: Ushering the Philippines in the Golden Age of Infrastructure
- Don Juan Bagatsing – Consultant of Bases Conversion and Development Authority; and
- Anna Mae Yu Lamentillo – Chairperson of the Build Build Build Committee
Wastewater Treatment: Building Sustainable Solutions to Environmental Problems in Urbanized Coastal Areas
- Engr. Carlito Santos – CEO of Uniklean Environment Construction Corporation
Philippine Railway System: Designing Efficient Connections to Improve the Nation’s Traffic and Mass Transportation
- Timothy John Batan – Undersecretary for Railways of the Department of Transportation
- Senator Risa Hontiveros; and
- Dr. Gia Sison
UP ACES built the National Civil Engineering Summit to orient the outlook of its delegates towards the bigger picture—to build for the nation.
How about you, what do you want to #BuildForTheNation?