TAGUIG, Philippines – realme 5i, the brand’s newest quad-camera, big-battery smartphone, is now in the Philippines. Priced at only P6,990, its launch marks realme’s first in a series of value-driven products for 2020.
Running on the Snapdragon 665 AIE platform, realme 5i offers more creative options with its quad-camera module, as well as longer battery life made possible by its high-capacity 5000mAh battery.
In addition to performance, realme 5i features a new chassis, with an updated back cover specially designed to minimize fingerprints.
“With the realme 5i, we are integrating the learnings and feedbacks that we received from the community,” shares Eason De Guzman, Marketing Lead, Realme Philippines.
“It is the best phone that I’ve seen so far in this price point,” he added.
Realme Philippines also showcased the realme Buds Air, which sold at a rate of 100 units per minute on Lazada when it launched in December 2019.
“Realme is now the fastest-growing smartphone brand for December 2019 according to Counterpoint Research,” revealed Austine Huang, Marketing Director, realme Philippines.
realme 5i specs (Philippines)
- Display: 6.5 inches; 720 x 1600 pixels; IPS LCD; Gorilla Glass 3
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano-SIM, dedicated slots)
- OS Android 9.0 (Pie); ColorOS 6.1 (planned upgrade to Android 10)
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 AIE 11nm
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz + 4×1.8 GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory (RAM): 3 GB
- Storage (ROM): 64 GB
- Expansion: microSD (up to 256 GB)
- Main camera (rear): 12MP f/1.8 (wide) + 8MP f/2.25 (ultrawide) + 2MP f/2.4 (portrait) + 2MP f/2.4 (macro)
- Selfie camera (front): 8MP
- Connectivity: 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth 5.0
- I/O: Micro USB; 3.5mm audio jack; rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 5,000 mAh; 10W
- Colors: Aqua Blue, Forest Green
- Price (Philippines): P6,990 (3GB + 64GB)