PHILIPPINES – ASUS launches the ROG Phone 3, a flagship-level gaming phone running on the Snapdragon 865 Plus platform with an Adreno 650 GPU.
Like its predecessor ROG Phone II, the ROG Phone 3, it packs several sought-after features to elevate the mobile gaming experience: a 6.59-inch AMOLED screen with a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz and 25ms touch latency, 512GB of storage, and a whopping 12GB to 16GB of memory (RAM).
It also touts a 6000 mAh battery capable of 30W fast charging via Quick Charge 4.0, as well as triple cameras featuring a 64MP f/1.8 wide-angle Sony IMX 686 sensor, a 13MP ultrawide lens, and a macro lens. It also features a improved, 24MP front-facing camera.
An entry-level variant, the ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition, runs on the Snapdragon 865 platform and with 8GB of memory and 256GB of storage.
ROG Phone 3 features an enhanced GameCool 3 cooling system, which features a redesigned 3D vapor cooling chamber, a larger heatsink, and a graphite film.
Like its predecessors, it also features numerous accessories to take the gaming experience even further:
- Aeroactive Cooler 3 external cooling fan
- Twinview Dock 3 portable display
- ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad
- ROG Clip controller dock
- Lighting armor case and Neon case
- ROG Cetra RGB in-ear gaming headphones
The company also introduced the Strix XG16, a 15.6-inch portable monitor with a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz and a 7800 mAh battery. Mobile gamers can connect their phones to the Strix XG16 via USB Type-C or Micro HDMI port for a much larger viewing experience.
ASUS ROG Phone 3 will come in three variants, priced globally as follows:
- ROG Phone 3 (16GB + 512GB): 1099 EUR (~63,000PHP)
- ROG Phone 3 (12GB + 512GB): 999 EUR (~57,000PHP)
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition Snapdragon 865 (8GB + 256GB): 799 EUR (~45,500PHP)
Stay tuned for the local announcement on the release date, price, and availability of the ROG Phone 3 in The Philippines.
Hit play to watch the livestream launch of the ROG Phone 3.
ROG Phone 3 Technical specifications (Philippines)
- Display: 6.59 inches; 1080 x 2340 pixels; AMOLED; Gorilla Glass 6; HDR10+; 144Hz refresh rate (270 Hz touch sampling rate)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- OS Android 10 (Q); ROG UI
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm SDM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.1 GHz Kryo 585 + 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650 (645 MHz)
- Memory (RAM) + storage: 12GB + 512GB; 16GB + 512GB; 8GB + 256GB (Strix Edition)
- Expansion: none
- Main camera (rear): 64MP f/1.8 (wide); 13MP f/2.4 (ultrawide); 5MP f/2.0 (macro)
- Selfie camera (front): 24MP f/2.0
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac/6 dual band; Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX (HD, Adaptive); A-GPS+GLONASS+BDS+Galileo+QZSS+GNSS; NFC
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers
- I/O: 3.1 (side), 2.0 (side) USB Type-C 1.0; proprietary ROG connector (side); fingerprint scanner (under display, optical)
- Battery: 6,000 mAh; 38W fast charging; Power Delivery 3.0; Quick Charge 4.0; 10W reverse charging
- Colors: Black Glare
- Price (Global): 1099 EUR / ~63,000PHP (16GB + 512GB); 999 EUR / ~57,000 PHP (12GB + 512GB); 799 EUR / ~45,500 PHP (8GB + 256GB)
- Price (Philippines): 54,995 PHP (16GB + 512GB); 49,995 PHP (12GB + 512GB); 39,995 PHP (8GB + 256GB)