PHILIPPINES – ROG Phone 3 has officially arrived in the Philippines. ASUS Philippines launched its flagship gaming smartphone on Saturday evening via livestream on the ROG Philippines Facebook page.
Like its predecessor ROG Phone II, the ROG Phone 3 Classic Edition features speed-binned chips to deliver the fastest mobile gaming experience possible. In the Philippines, the ROG Phone 3 Classic Edition runs on the 5G-ready Snapdragon 865 Plus platform and the Adreno 650 GPU.
It touts the fastest display available in a mobile phone: a 6.59-inch AMOLED screen with a maximum refresh rate of 144Hz and 25ms touch latency. It also packs 512GB of storage and 12GB / 16GB of memory (RAM).
An entry-level variant, the ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition is also coming to the Philippines. It runs on the standard Snapdragon 865 SoC with 8GB of memory and 256GB of storage.
All models will come with a 6000 mAh battery capable of 30W fast charging via Quick Charge 4.0, as well as triple cameras featuring a 64MP f/1.8 wide-angle Sony IMX 686 sensor, a 13MP ultrawide lens, and a macro lens. It also features a improved, 24MP front-facing camera.
All three variants will come with accessories Aeroactive Cooler 3 and Aero Case in the box.
ROG Phone 3 features an enhanced GameCool 3 cooling system, which features a redesigned 3D vapor cooling chamber, a larger heatsink, and a graphite film.
All 3 variants of the ROG Phone 3 will be available in the Philippines, priced as follows:
- ROG Phone 3 Classic Edition SD865+ (16GB + 512GB): 54,995 PHP
- ROG Phone 3 Classic Edition SD865+ (12GB + 512GB): 49,995 PHP
- ROG Phone 3 Strix Edition SD865 (8GB + 256GB): 39,995 PHP
Like its predecessors, ROG Phone 3 features numerous add-on accessories to further the mobile gaming experience, priced in the Philippines as follows:
- ROG Phone 3 Lighting Armor Case PHP 2,495.00
- ROG Kunai Gamepad PHP 6,995.00
- Twinview Dock II PHP 14,995.00
- Mobile Desktop Dock Revised PHP 10,995.00
- ROG Phone Bag PHP 2,495.00
- ASUS WiGig Display Dock PHP 13,995.00
- ROG Suitcase PHP 7,995.00
ROG Phone 3 will be available starting August 22. Early purchases come bundled with an exclusive ROG Special Hoodie as well as the ROG Phone Bag, from participating ASUS and ROG accredited stores only.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/ROGPhone3_EarlyBirdPromo
Hit play to watch the livestream launch of the ROG Phone 3 in the Philippines.
ROG Phone 3 Technical specifications (Philippines)
- Display: 6.59 inches; 1080 x 2340 pixels; AMOLED; Gorilla Glass 6; HDR10+; 144Hz refresh rate (270 Hz touch sampling rate)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- OS Android 10 (Q); ROG UI
- Chipset (SoC): Qualcomm SDM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.1 GHz Kryo 585 + 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 + 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650 (645 MHz)
- Memory (RAM) + storage: 12GB + 512GB; 16GB + 512GB; 8GB + 256GB (Strix Edition)
- Expansion: none
- Main camera (rear): 64MP f/1.8 (wide); 13MP f/2.4 (ultrawide); 5MP f/2.0 (macro)
- Selfie camera (front): 24MP f/2.0
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n/ac/6 dual band; Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX (HD, Adaptive); A-GPS+GLONASS+BDS+Galileo+QZSS+GNSS; NFC
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers
- I/O: 3.1 (side), 2.0 (side) USB Type-C 1.0; proprietary ROG connector (side); fingerprint scanner (under display, optical)
- Battery: 6,000 mAh; 38W fast charging; Power Delivery 3.0; Quick Charge 4.0; 10W reverse charging
- Colors: Black Glare
- Price (Global): 1099 EUR / ~63,000PHP (16GB + 512GB); 999 EUR / ~57,000 PHP (12GB + 512GB); 799 EUR / ~45,500 PHP (8GB + 256GB)
- Price (Philippines): 54,995 PHP (16GB + 512GB); 49,995 PHP (12GB + 512GB); 39,995 PHP (8GB + 256GB)