MANILA, Philippines – ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) unveiled the ROG Phone II, the successor to the company’s first true mobile gaming device, the ROG Phone.
ROG Phone II builds on the gamer-centric design of the first-generation ROG Phone, featuring the world’s first 120Hz/1ms AMOLED 10-bit HDR 6.59-inch display with an in-display fingerprint sensor. The display panel offers Delta-E <1 color accuracy and unrivaled touch response for a truly extraordinary visual experience.
Like its predecessor, dual front-facing stereo speakers on both sides of the display allow for a much better audio experience when gaming in landscape mode.
As a gaming device, it takes performance further, being the world’s first mobile device to ship with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform with CPU clocked at a maximum of 2.96GHz and the Adreno 640 GPU clocked at a maximum of 675MHz.
It also features an updated vapor-chamber cooling system dubbed the GameCool II 3D, which allows the device to run at full performance for sustained gaming sessions.
Battery capacity has also been boosted from 40000mAh to 6000mAh. It retains the side-charging design combined with a 30W ROG HyperCharge power adapter for safe, ultrafast direct charging.
ROG Phone II is designed from the ground up for fully immersive gaming, with its unique landscape-oriented design incorporating upgraded AirTrigger II ultrasonic sensors, Dual Surrounding Vibration technology, and front-facing stereo speakers.
Brand-new accessories include the TwinView Dock II for immersive dual-screen gaming, and the multi-configuration ROG Kunai Gamepad for the ultimate console-like gaming experience.
Price and availability
The base model ROG Phone II with 8GB RAM and 128GB of storage is priced at 3,499 CNY or around 26,000 PHP. The classic model with 12GB RAM and 128GB of storage is priced at 5,999 CNY or around 44,600 PHP. ASUS Philippines has confirmed that it will be coming to the country, but the official release date and price of the ROG Phone II in the Philippines remains under wraps. Stay tuned here on ASTIG.PH to keep posted on the details.
ASUS ROG Phone II specifications
- Display: 6.59″ 128Hz/1ms AMOLED (2340 x 1080), 10-bit HDR, Gorilla Glass 6
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus (7nm)
- CPU: 8×2.96GHz (specially-binned)
- GPU: Adreno 640 @ 675MHz
- OS: Android 9 (Pie) with ROG UI
- Memory: up to 12GB RAM (LPDDR4)
- Storage: Up to 512GB (UFS 3.0)
- Front camera (selfie): 24MP
- Rear camera (main): 48MP + 13MP (125° ultrawide-angle)
- Battery: 6000 mAh, 30W ROG HyperCharge direct charging
- Sensors: in-display fingerprint sensor, ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger II and grip press, dual vibrators
- Connectivity: Integrated (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad, 60GHz, 2×2 MIMO), Bluetooth® 5.0 (EDR + A2DP), supports aptX and aptX HD, NFC
- I/O: Custom USB-C (side), USB 3.1 Gen 1, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speaker: Dual front-facing stereo speakers, dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier, DTS Headphone:X™ Ultra