MANILA, Philippines – Celebrities, influencers, brand experts, marketing professionals, creatives, businessmen and techpreneurs converged last August 2 at the Marquis Events Place (BGC, Taguig City) for the first-ever Philippine Social Media Week Awards (PSMW Awards).
In an evening of glamor and spectacle, the pioneering event recognized excellence in social media achievement by organizations and individuals.
Here is the full list of winners:
PSMW 2019 Individual Achievement Award winners
- Icon Award – Jessica Soho
- Social Media Female Celebrity of the Year – Kim Chiu
- Social Media Male Celebrity of the Year – Carlo Ople
- Social Media Influencer of the Year – Dani Barretto
- Social Media Tandem of the Year – Will Dasovich and Alodia Gosiengfiao
- Good Governance through Social Media – Mayor Francisco Domagoso
- Style Award – Camille Co
- Video Excellence Award – Mikey Bustos
- Breakthrough Social Media Star – Alex Gonzaga
- Power Influencers – Anne Clutz, Michelle Fox, Bakla ng Taon, Kimpoy Feliciano, John Rafael Juane
PSMW 2019 Industry Excellence Award winners
- Apparel – Hanford
- Arts & Lifestyle – Art+ Magazine
- BPO Operations – Teletech
- BPO Business Communication Teleperformance
- Electronics – Panasonic
- Fragrance – Aficionado
- Hospitality and Service – Marquis Events Place
- Insurance – Manulife PH
- Payment System – Paymaya
- Print – ABS-CBN Books
- Shopping Mall – TriNoma
- Transportation – Angkas
Highlights of the event included the overjoyed Wil and Alodia (or Wilodia) recounting how they met in another awards ceremony up against each other, and pointing out how they were accepting their first award together as Social Media Tandem of the Year.
Stunning everyone in a shimmering pantsuit was PSMW’s Style Award honoree Camille Co who humbly received one of the most anticipated recognitions of the evening. Looking dapper and were shoe-ins as stars of the night (if there were any) were Vince Vandorpe, nominated as Social Media Male Celebrity of the Year, and Mikey Bustos, honoree for PSMW’s Video Excellence Award.
In a big group, Aficionado took on the stage to celebrate their win for Social Media Excellence – Fragrance. And receiving one of the most enthusiastic cheers was Angkas, with their Social Media Excellence award received by their Marketing Head Walter Wong.
Capping the evening, Jessica Soho surprised the crowd with a warm acceptance of the top distinction of the evening, PSMW’s Icon Award. The Icon Award was presented to Ms Soho for engaging journalism, dynamic exchange of thought, as well as inspiring and true public service—proof that social media can be a channel for encompassing, positive community building.